Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My First Taste of Travel

After all the turmoil of switching jobs and getting settled into my new place and new non-student-self, I've decided to take a trip! My boyfriend has been studying in Sweden for the past few months and I'm going to visit for two weeks.

This is my first time flying overseas...I'm a cocktail of nervousness, excitement and panic. Still so much to organize and my flight leaves tomorrow!

My itinerary so far is as follows:

Victoria to Vancouver to Calgary to London to Copenhagen.

Spend a lovely weekend in Copenhagen, attend Sensation White, a notoriously incredible music event where all attendees wear white.

Train to Stockholm and spend the week exploring the city commonly referred to as the Venice of the North.

Fly to Berlin, spend the weekend soaking up all the history and street art that I can. Party until breakfast time. Train to Prague and marvel in its gothic romantic glory. Try not to get lost in the world's largest castle. Fly to my temporary home base of Stockholm and spend the last few days there before I fly back to reality.

I've already spent a fortune and I haven't even packed my bags, but I vow not to stress about money while I'm there. I deserve this. I can make it back now that I'm working a big-girl job. Most of all, when I'm 60 -- i'll remember my two week trip to Scandinavia and not the balance of my bank account at the time.

So world -- here I come.

xo
ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment